Sunday 14 September 2014

Birthday Haul 2014

On the 2nd of September 2014 little old me turned seventeen (that rhymed WOO)... if any of you out there are like me and love a good snoop at peoples gifts then this is the post for you! I would like to quickly say what a wonderful couple of days I shared with my friends/family and that I am ever so grateful for all the lovely things I received but we would be here all day if I sat and wrote a paragraph about everything so I have decided to pick some of my favourites to talk about today so lets go (also I will just add a quick disclaimer that I am not trying to brag or boast etc but these are posts that I genuinely really enjoy to read myself so was really excited to write my own)!
You can't have a Birthday without waking up to a balloon!




Daisy Clutch Bag // New Look
 For SO long I have been searching for a 'perfect' clutch bag for when I go out for nice meals or to take away on holidays to use as a bag in the evenings. When I saw this one in New Look I completely adored it! The size is just perfect and it just feels so nicely made but what I really fell in love with was the nudey pink colour and cute daisies which cover the front of the bag; as they sold out in all the shops near me so quick, my grandparents kindly surprised me with it for my birthday! Now I cannot wait to take it away with me to Greece next year :D

~ Lush Bath Bombs // Lush
  I am not really much of a shower person so everything bath related excites me so much and I love saving my 'special products' for Sundays when I have my mini pamper nights ((comment below/instagram me/tweet me 'WOO YEAH' if you would like to see a pamper night post)) so I was sooooo happy when my cousin and friends got me some new Lush bits which I haven't tried before!

~ 'Stormflower' by Cheryl // The Perfume Shop
  As I have mentioned before, I am a HUGE Cheryl fan so when I heard she was releasing a perfume it was the first thing that went on my birthday list even though I had no clue what it would smell like and luckily I LOVE IT; it is very strong at first but absolutely gorgeous! The description says that the perfume has 'Top notes of luscious Mandarin and Nectarine, with a vibrant floral center of delicate Freesia and Peach Blossom that delivers a scent that is modern yet truly feminine. The addition of Vanilla, White Musk and precious Sandalwood, blend for a warm and sensual base to this signature scent that is enticing and utterly captivating' I totally agree and although it may not be to everyones tastes, I really recommend popping into your local Superdrug or The Perfume Shop to give it a spritz for yourself!

~ MAC lipstick in Patisserie // MAC
  Usually I am more of a bold and bright lip kinda gal but since I have been trying out bolder eyes more often I have needed something more subtle for the lips and a nude is always something fab to have for everyday at school or for a natural look at work as well. After I spent many days on YouTube searching everything from "Top 10 MAC Lipsticks" to "Favourite Nude Lipsticks" followed by swatching literally all the nudes MAC had to offer I finally decided that Patisserie would be a lovely choice as the lustre finish means it is a light wash of the colour and it still looks glossy and moisturises at the same time; I have been wearing it every day since I got it!

~ OPI nail varnish in Lucky Lucky Lavander // OPI
   Painting my nails is something I can do more often this year since I have started Sixth Form and no longer have such a strict uniform code so a new nail varnish, in a gorgeous pinky/purple-ly/lavender colour may I add, is always great!

~ Tanya Burr lipgloss in Aurora  // Superdrug
  Finally I have got my hands on something from Tanya's lips and nails range! As soon as I saw the wave of swatch blog posts and videos, Aurora became my firm favourite so when they arrived in our local Superdrug, my Mum kindly picked one up and put it away for my Birthday.... so far I have used it almost everyday, it has been amazing and 100% worthy of the great reviews; from the teeny tiny glitters to the colour and even the smell, they are perfect! (Well Done Tanya you are fab!!!!)

~ Made in Chelsea Series 6 DVD // Amazon
  There isn't much to say about this apart from, I loveeee this TV show and I collect the DVDs of each series so I'm excited to cosy up on Autumn and Winter evenings to rewatch it!

~ 365 Journaling Writing Ideas Book // Amazon
  I really wanted to start a journal this year but I literally had no idea what to put in it, so I took my search to the internet where I found this book. It includes such a wide variety of little prompts, questions and notes to help you get inspiration; a must for anyone who is having writers block with their journal!




~ MAC Vouchers // MAC
  My friends are all fab and know how much I love MAC so kindly gave me some vouchers so I can pick out some new bits for my Autumn/Winter make up bag; I cannot wait to go shopping for dark lips and eyes!

~ Pandora Ring (December Birth Stone) // Pandora
  This year I have really got into wearing rings and accessorising in general. I have been longing for a Pandora ring for the longest time and would always drag my mum in the shop to drop a not so subtle hint. I love the dainty-ness about them and the fact you can wear them on their own or 'stack them'. Although December is not my birth month, I just fell in love with this gorgeous turquoise stone the first time I saw it. This was an early birthday present as I was lucky enough to be able to pick it out on GCSE results day which was just over a week before my birthday to celebrate my results:)

~ Cactus Tea lights // Tiger
  THESE ARE JUST THE COOLEST TEA LIGHTS I HAVE EVER SEEN so they HAD to make it into this post!

~ Macbook Air // PC World
  For just over 4 years I seemed to be the unluckiest person when it came to laptops, I have had 2 but they both seemed to be utterly useless so last Christmas I began to save my money hoping I would have enough by September to put towards a Macbook in a deal with my parents. Cut a long story short.. many working hours, some fab GCSE grades and 10 months worth of saving and scrimping later  I am able to write this post on my new baby! I really am sooooo grateful to my parents and everyone who helped to put money towards it as now I can browse, blog and binge watch without having to wait hours for something to load or worrying about it turning off mid-sentence whilst writing a post and losing all my work!



Thank You so much for reading todays post, I hope you enjoyed it... as always, check out my social media links and come back soon! :)
Yasmin xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment